Share Savings Accounts
Your deposit of $5 or more into a Towpath Credit Union Share Savings account not only establishes your lifetime membership, it also gives you the opportunity to take advantage of additional Towpath Credit Union financial services.
Regular Share Account
This is your primary account with Towpath Credit Union.
Share Savings Sub-Account
Sub-accounts are perfect for setting aside a little bit each month and keeping it away from your Regular Share account. Whether you're trying to save for vacation or just want an emergency fund, a sub-account makes it easy.
A sub-account for that special time of year. Don’t be caught out in the cold when the post-holiday bills arrive. Plan ahead with a Towpath Credit Union Santa Savings account. Accounts are disbursed in early October which gives you plenty of time to get your shopping done before Christmas!
Summer Savings/26-Pay Plan
A sub-account designed specifically for our members who do not receive a paycheck in the summer. A portion of each paycheck is deposited into your Summer Savings account and distributed to you throughout the summer.
Health Savings Account
If you are covered under a high-deductible health plan, you may be eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA) with Towpath Credit Union!
With a Towpath Credit Union HSA, you may be able to take advantage of tax-free employer contributions, tax deductible member contributions, and tax-free distributions if used for qualified medical expenses.
**We use information from ChexSystems as a reference for membership.**
*Please note: Minimum deposit for above accounts is $5. Minimum balance to earn dividends is $50. Fees may reduce earnings on accounts. Dividends will be forfeited if account is closed before accrued dividends have been credited.
Download fee schedule (PDF)
Stop paying high monthly fees on your checking account! Towpath Credit Union offers two types of checking (share draft) accounts: Preferred and Money Market
Preferred Checking (Interest Bearing)
- No Minimum Balance to Open
- No Monthly Service Charge
- No Minimum Balance Requirement
- MasterCard Debit Card
- No “Per Check” Fee
- First 48 checks free (no unlimited free checks)
- All transfers from any account to cover overdrafts $2.00 each
- Overdrafts transferred for exact amount of overdraft
- Limit six electronic transfers per month from savings/club to cover overdraft
- ODP available up to $500.00. For details click here.
- Free online banking/billpay
- Dividends: Yes ($500.00 minimum balance)
Towpath Credit Union's Preferred Checking accounts also include:
- FREE Online Account Access with Extreme Green
- FREE Online Bill Pay
- Overdraft Privilege (Qualifying accounts)
Money Market Accounts
- $3,000.00 minimum deposit to open
- $3,000.00 minimum balance requirement
- Maximum 3 debit transactions of any kind per month
- Transaction fee after 3 debit transactions: $10.00
- Minimum transaction amount: $500.00
- Fee for transactions < $500.00: $10.00
- Dividends: Yes on average daily balance > $3,000.00
- Order Checks Online!
Download the Funds Availability Policy
For risk-free investing, it's tough to beat a Towpath Credit Union Term Share Certificate! Our competitive dividend rates ensure that your money is working its hardest for you.
For the current rates simply click here.
Individual Retirement Accounts
Towpath Credit Union offers several ways to save for the future with individual retirement accounts (IRA). Each IRA type has its own benefits. Please call or stop by and we will be happy to explain more about these accounts so that you can make the right decisions for you and your family.
- Earnings are tax-deferred (no taxes until withdrawn)
- Contributions may be tax deductible*
- Earnings are tax-deferred and withdrawals are tax-free if the account is open for five tax years and withdrawals are for a qualified reason (age 59½, disability, death, or a first-time home purchase**).
- Contributions are not tax deductible
- You can withdraw regular contributions at any time, tax-free and penalty-free
Earn higher dividends on funds in your IRA by transferring it to an IRA CD. Click here
for current Share rates.
*Not intended as tax advice. Please consult a tax professional.
One of the most important lessons you can teach your child is money management. Let Towpath Credit Union help with our youth share accounts.
Me Too CU
Begin your child's financial education with his or her very own MeTooCU account. This account is designed for children up to 12 years old. Visit any of our branches to open a Me Too CU account today!
At Towpath Credit Union, your teen will learn valuable money management skills that will help them throughout their life. And, they'll have fun doing it!
Visit any of our branches to open a CUJAMS account today!
Teach your child the importance of saving with a Term Share Certificate of Deposit. Our Youth CD has a minimum deposit of only $100 for a 12 month term. Plus, you can add to your certificate at any time in $25 increments or more.
View Current Rates