Towpath Credit Union is accepting nominations for our volunteer Board of Directors.
To be considered for nomination by the Nominating Committee, please complete the following steps:
- Read the below Qualifications & Commitment.
- Open the link below to the PDF for the Statement of Consent to Serve and read thoroughly.
- Complete the form below and submit.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send via US Mail to:
Towpath Credit Union
Attention: Board Nominations
2969 Smith Road
Fairlawn, OH 44333
- Nominations must be received by October 31 at 5:00 pm.
- Upon completion of these steps we will review your application for nomination and contact you with any questions or next steps.
- If you have questions about this process please contact us by phone at 330-664-4731 or by email at email@example.com.
Qualifications & Commitment
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must be a "primary credit union member in good standing" for at least 12 months.
- Have personal character and integrity.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to think creatively.
- A willingness to serve the members and support the credit union's values and culture.
- The ability to comprehend and learn business concepts.
- The capacity to provide strategic direction and sound organizational leadership.
- Must not be an employee or former employee of Towpath Credit Union within the last five (5) years preceding the election date.
- Must not be an "immediate" family member of any person who has been an officer, director, or employee of this credit union within five (5) years preceding the election dates.
- Must not be a current employee or director of a credit union or a financial institution.
In addition to the qualifications, experience has shown that successful directors share the following traits:
- Actively use credit union products and services.
- Care about the welfare of members and the credit union's role in achieving that goal.
- Know the credit union's history and philosophy, and are loyal to those beliefs.
- Devote the time necessary to perform director duties, including preparation for, attendance at and participation in all board meetings.
- Collaborate well with other directors and the management team of the credit union.
Statement of Consent to Serve
Please view the Statement of Consent to Serve as a member of the Board of Directors by clicking here. You will indicate in the below form that you have read and agree to this statement of consent.