At Towpath Credit Union, our priority is the well-being of our Members, employees, and communities. So we have taken steps to ensure that we’re doing everything we can to promote the safety and wellness of everyone in our Towpath CU Family, while continuing to offer our Members uninterrupted financial services.
Updated as of 3/27/2020
Now Offering Distance Lending Options
As an essential business, Towpath Credit Union is still open and offering loans at this time. We have online services available that allow our Members to start - and complete - loan applications, without the need to walk into a branch!
Ready to apply? Apply online here!
If you have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic and would like to learn more about available relief options, please contact us.
"Stay-at-Home" Order from Governor DeWine
Effective Monday, March 23rd at 11:59 pm, Ohio will be under a "Stay-at-Home" order issued by Governor Mike DeWine. Credit unions and banks, including Towpath Credit Union are considered essential businesses, and will remain open to serve our Members. We continue to operate with extreme caution and are following all guidelines set by the CDC, as well as national, state, and local health agencies.
We will continue to conduct business through our drive-thrus, phone calls, text messages, emails, and our wide range of digital services. Our lending and credit card services are also fully operational. We are sanitizing surfaces, using gloves where appropriate, and have our employees working from home when possible. We encourage all Members to use our digital and phone services whenever possible.
Our team is committed to taking care of our Members, and we want you to know that we are also taking care of our team. Our staff is working from their homes when they can, and where there is essential work that needs to be done in our branches, they are distanced as far as possible from each other. We're taking great care to stay in close (digital) contact with all of our employees, making sure they are feeling well, both physically and emotionally.
We are stronger together, so when we work to support each other, lift each other up, and show that we care, our communities will benefit. Please know that your credit union is here to do just that. If you're feeling financial stress and need support, we are here for you.
As we learn more information, we will be updating this web page and our social media accounts. Additionally, we will be sending out occasional updates via email. If you would like to receive email updates, you can sign up here.
Lobbies Closed, Drive-Thrus Remain Open
Our lobbies are currently closed to help keep our staff, Members, and community safe. Our drive-thrus remain open, and employees operating the drive-thrus are wearing gloves and sanitizing surfaces often. We highly encourage Members to use our online application services to complete all loans, but Members looking to meet with a Loan Officer in person may do so by scheduling an appointment by texting, calling, or emailing us. Our Loan Officers and Member Experience Specialists are standing by to ensure that your banking and lending needs are met.
Extended Operating Hours
To accommodate for our lobby closures, our daily hours of operations are now Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm; Saturdays: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm. During these hours, Members can perform all transactions through our drive-thus, as well as many transactions by calling, texting, or emailing our local call center. Members can access the following services through our drive-thru and digital solutions:
- Online banking services: Check balances, pay bills, view statements, transfer funds between Towpath CU accounts
- Mobile app services: Check balances, mobile check deposits, pay bills, view statements, transfer funds between Towpath CU accounts
- Lending services: Loans can be completed and signed entirely online or through email, texting, and phone calls in most cases. If in-person lending services are required, please contact us to schedule an appointment - walk in services will not be available.
- Drive-thru services: Cash withdrawals, check deposits, shared branching transactions, check ordering, debit card ordering, address changes, transaction disputes, and loan and credit card payments
For a full list of digital, virtual, drive-thru, and ATM solutions, please click here.
Annual Meeting Postponed
Towpath Credit Union’s Annual Meeting, previously scheduled for March 28, 2020, will be postponed until further notice. As we get more information, we will share updates with our Members and our communities.
Everyone’s situation is different, and we want to assure you that our team is prepared to work with you and your family to find solutions that work for your unique needs. As always, we are here for you when you need us.
We’re taking the necessary precautions to keep our communities safe, but we want you to know that we’re here and we want to work with you if you need help during this time. We're committed to keeping our business operational, so the last thing you have to worry about during this time is your finances.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our team of Member Experience Specialists. To learn more about the digital and virtual services we offer our Members, click here.
What we are doing to promote the health and safety of our Employees and Members:
- Branch lobbies are closed as of Friday, March 20, 2020. All drive-thrus and our local call center remain open with extended business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm; Saturday, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Employees operating our drive-thrus will be wearing gloves and sanitizing surfaces often.
- Loan Officers will meet with Members by appointment only. In-person meetings will follow all social distancing guidelines provided by public health officials.
- We have increased the frequency of our cleaning practices, including disinfecting all commonly touched surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
- We are encouraging our Employees to inform us if they aren't feeling well and have asked that they stay home if they (or someone in their household) starts showing signs of illness.