Towpath Credit Union is always looking to have talented people in our community join our team. If you strive to provide a positive, productive experience for our members and staff, we want to talk to you!
Towpath Credit Union is proud to offer our employees an excellent benefits package which includes*:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Insurance Plans
*Specific benefits depend on length of employment and other criteria by position.
To apply for any of our current openings, please send your resume to HR@towpathcu.com.
We are always seeking positive individuals with an aptitude for member service. As a Teller, your role will be a combination of interaction with our members personally, or by phone, and transact their business according to their instructions and business policy. You bring the willingness to provide great service to the members; we will provide the environment for you to grow and develop into an exceptional service provider. You will offer an enjoyable, memorable experience for individuals seeking assistance with financial matters, including processing member transactions. Your knowledge of our products and support of a service culture will enable you to educate members about the services which will enhance their financial well-being, while also supporting the goals of the credit union. This position is a great way to start your financial services career.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, maintain, and balance a cash drawer.
- Greet members at the counter, determine the member needs, and either transact the request or refer them to the suitable staff member.
- Cross-sell appropriate products and services to current and prospective members.
- Maintain working knowledge of all products and services.
- Must have knowledge of Certificates, IRAs and share draft procedures.
- Perform such tasks as may be assigned by the Head Teller.
Education, Experience and Physical Functions
- 1 year of work experience (Sales, Teller and/or Personal Banker experience preferred)
- Must have the ability/stamina to work at least 40 hours a week if full-time or between 25 - 28 hours a week, if part-time
- Must be able to engage in problem-solving skills to help identify and resolve member issues
- Must be able to communicate extensively through in-person, e-mail, written, and telephone communications.
Towpath Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.