ICU Day 2021 is a celebration of the impact credit unions and other financial cooperatives have made—and continue to make for their members. It is also a chance to be thankful for the lives and communities that have been improved by our movement. Credit unions invest their earnings in helping members meet their financial goals. In addition to lower loan rates and better service, members experience the difference that comes through our democratic structure, service to members and social goals that credit unions embody.
This contest* is meant to teach young children and teenagers in our community the importance of the credit union movement and get them involved in the planning of their financial future. When we work together with our youth, we have the opportunity to build financial health for a brighter tomorrow!
- Each individual must complete the prompt that corresponds with their age; Children 1-12 and Teens 13-17.
- Children (1-12) may complete the art contest prompt "What my credit union looks like to me" in whichever art medium they prefer (crayon, paint, colored pencil, clay, etc.). The more creative, the better! Each entry can be dropped off in person at our branch located at 2969 Smith Road, Fairlawn, OH 44333.
- Teens (13-17) may complete the essay contest prompt "How does saving with my credit union help me build a brighter tomorrow?" Entries should be no more than 300 words. Each entry can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as mailed or dropped off in person at our branch located at 2969 Smith Road, Fairlawn, OH 44333.
- Entries will be accepted from September 19 until October 20. Winners for each category will be announced via email and social media on October 21 in honor of International Credit Union Day. One child participant and one teen participant will be selected.
- Winners will receive $100 each in an Early Savers (ages 0-14) or Teen Savings Account (ages 15-17).