Help us raise money to find a cure for Alzheimer's disease!
June is Alzheimer’s and Brain awareness month. That is why Towpath Credit Union is partnering with our local Alzheimer’s Association Chapter to raise awareness about this debilitating disease.
What is Alzheimer’s Disease?
Alzheimer’s Disease is a disease of the brain that destroys memory and other mental functions due to degeneration of the brain. The symptoms get progressively worse over time. On average, a person only lives 4 to 8 years after being diagnosed. 5.7 million Americans are currently living with the disease, but that number is expected to rise to 14 million by the year 2050. That's why spreading awareness and finding a cure is so crucial.
Did you know that Alzheimer’s Disease is the sixth leading cause of death in United states?
10 warning signs and symptoms
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life.
- Challenges in planning or solving problems.
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure.
- Confusion with time or place.
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships.
- New problems with words in speaking or writing.
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps.
- Decreased or poor judgement.
- Withdrawal from work or social activities.
- Changes in mood and personality.
From 2000-2015 deaths from Alzheimer’s disease have increased 123%
Join Towpath Credit Union’s effort to #ENDALZ by participating in our parking lot cookouts! There will be hot dogs, snacks, games, and prizes from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Fairlawn: Friday, June 21st
North Hill: Friday, June 28th
Visit www.ALZ.org for more information about Alzheimer’s disease or www.ALZ.org/thelongestday to get more information about fundraising efforts.
We can’t wait to see you there!